Thursday, December 4, 2008

Give us a H, give us an O, give us a M and an E!

I was sitting on the tram today headed towards the usual (and unpleasant) grind and minding my own beeswax (but of course), when an Indian boy in a football top accidentally trod on my toe.

The fact that my tootsies were trod on wasn’t all that significant, as in my years of PT travels, they had been mashed, stomped and randomly ground by many a heavier source than a 21 year old Indian foot. But after finding out that it was a foot belonging to a boy who was off to see the Homeless World Cup, and support people that were going through tough times like he had only three short years ago, helped to make it an ‘ouch’ to remember.

So tonight instead of attending to press releases justifying multimillion dollar elephant exhibits that should never have been, I’m going to leave early and cheer on those who live an Ikea-free existence.

Ms sometimes-it’s-good-to-feel-pain M.