Tuesday, November 4, 2008

How many Phars in a lap?

Today is the day the whole nation is meant to take a break and watch small men whip large horses, so that other men in dark suites and women in fascinators the size of newly formed European states can get pissed and shout “hurrah”!

So what am I doing today?
Placing a bet? Not a chance.
Watching the race? Unlikely.
Dreaming of whips and saddles? Mmmmmmmm?!?

As nice as all the leather is, there’s something about the public flogging of animals that just doesn’t do it for me. However, if the race was run with jockeys being whipped by other jockeys hung like horses, then I would strongly consider getting frocked up and having a flutter, and might even go as far as owning a stable.

Of course I would have to name my first jockey ‘Too Cute To Shoot’.

Ms teeny-weeny-polka-dot-bikini M.