Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The dynamic duo



I have decided that in addition to selecting a not-so-super power, I require the services of a sidekick to do all the boring superhero things like washing capes, darning ladders in stockings and coordinating press releases for local authorities. And although scanning through the pages of Seek I’ve noticed that I’m spoilt for candidates, I have decided that my sidekick will in fact be an imaginary cat.

I've always liked imaginary cats over real ones as they tend to leave less fur about the place and I won’t have to change the kitty litter as often. Being imaginary also has the advantage of being invisible to all those without an imagination, and everyone knows that baddies are inevitably defective in this area. So an imaginary sidekick for my real life superhero in my spare time it is.

And as for its name, I think I’ll call it dog.

Ms imaginary-cat-woman M.