Monday, January 26, 2009

The big day in


This one is for all the prospective husbands out there who aren’t quite sure where I want the big day.

As much as I like the outdoors with its rain and wind and sunburn and creepy crawlies, I would really prefer to be married indoors. A photo session can of course be taken outside, and if all else fails, the snaps could be taken in front of a bluescreen where we (Mr ‘insert name here’ and I) would appear beside the eight wonders of the world; the usual seven plus the Pancake Parlour.

And even though this means forgoing killer bees, hayfever and itchy grass, I have a feeling that the comfy chairs and twice recycled air-conditioning of the nearest mansion can more than make up for it.

So here is the following list of places where I would not like to get hitched (in no particular order):

Underwater,
On an iceberg,
Next to an iceberg,
Anywhere where the water is so cold that it turns into dangerous hunks of ice,
Skydiving,
In a hot air balloon,
Mount Everest – see above section about icebergs,
And lastly and ever so importantly, not within a hundred kilometre radius of a zoo!

I am open to other suggestions as long as it isn’t where the shark pops out of the water at the Universal Theme Park.

Ms sorting-out-the-guest-list M.